🐶How to train your dog to wear clothes🐶
1. Firstly, make sure you actually get dog clothes that fit your pet. If the dog coat isn’t comfortable, your dog isn’t going to want to wear it.
2. Begin by showing dog the garment and giving treats so that he associates the sight of the clothes with positive reinforcement. Do this a couple of times a day for several days so he can get used to the new item.
3. Rub the garment along your dog’s body but don’t try to put it on him. Give your dog a treat and praise him while you do this. Do this several times a day for the next few days, and try to extend the time you touch your dog with the coat each time.
4. Now you’re ready to actually try to put the coat on your dog. Reassure your pooch by talking to him as you put on the dog sweater. Once the coat is completely on your dog, you can give him a treat. Wait a few seconds, then take off the dog coat again. Try this several more times and see if you can get as high as thirty seconds on the first day. Don’t feed him treats while he is misbehaving, only while he is behaving in a calm manner.
5. Repeat the steps above each day for several days, gradually increasing the amount of time your dog spends in the coat before you remove it again. Try to get your dog to wear the coat for a few minutes the next day, and longer the day after that.
6. Before you leave the dog coat on your pooch for a long time, make sure that it is fitting properly by checking how tight it is across the chest and at the neck and armpits. Use the two fingers rule: if you can fit two fingers between the garment and your dog’s body, the garment is fitting properly. More than that and it is too loose; less than that and it is too tight.